Thursday, March 1, 2012

Things That I Want: Camo What May

Dsquared Resort 2012
I'm not the one that use a lot of bright colors or loud prints to get recognition. Of course, if that's your style  there is nothing wrong with that. It's just not mine. I always believe in making a statement by good styling. As much as I adore certain prints I just feel -meh- when it comes to prints. So the conundrum of wearing one of the it trend for Spring/Summer 2012, camouflage is such a dilemma. I could wear a camo bowtie which I already own or a pocket square which is already done and I'm over with. I believe that there are a handful people that can pull that look and look great and Nick Wooster is one of them. He looks great without looking like "middle America."

Dsquared S/S 2012
Then I saw Dsquared's resort collection and I just have to have one of these shirts. The camo print are selectively placed either on the cuff, pocket or the collar. Now I can deal with the print when done sparingly. I'm considering either the collar print or the pocket since I always end up rolling up the sleeves of my shirts anyway. The shirt retails for $445. 

While on my way to work yesterday, I heard this song called Glad You Came by The Wanted. A song I heard when New York and I went to get drinks after our dinner my last trip to NYC. Music is such a big influence on me that it usually trigers memories and emotions. Happy or sad. If I'm not mistaken every "important" event in my life I usually associate with a song. Sentimentalism? Perhaps. But hey I can always say I just plainly like the song because it's catchy. It might also be the reason why I'm hating classical music because they play it at this place that totally stresses me out. I'm kidding, sort of.







No comments: