Monday, March 26, 2012

Runway Monday: Hymn To Italy - Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2012-13 Review


I wont say it was one of my favorite collections from Milan last January but there were definitely plenty of great pieces from it. Besides, this was what everybody from the fashion world was waiting for, the debut of the merging of the two labels, D&G and Dolce & Gabbana. The outcome? Very dramatic (emphasis on the drama, heavy emphasis). An explosion of brocade jackets and velvet pieces. The lush appeal translated on every swoosh of capes and shimmy of satin bottoms and as every fringe and shearling danced as the men of Dolce & Gabbana walked down the runway. Sure, some of the pieces looked as if they belonged to a period movie or the museum, which the richness of the pieces rendered them well, not street ready, unless you can actually pull the eccentricity of the piece. Someone like the king of pop (may his soul, rest in peace). Other than that, the fit was modern and the tailoring was definitely top notch. I loved most of the knits and the pieces that had the minimum amount of the appliques. Another trend for Fall/Winter 2012-13 that I spotted were those cat eye glasses. The leather goods looked amazing as always. The shoes eventhough a wee bit shiny at times looked great, some mimicking the appliques.

But being used to Dolce & Gabbana's high drama made the collection such a great show. Somebody once told me that we all love a part of an era/decade that we didn't belong to because of the rich history. Honestly, there was some truth to that in a fashion sense but realistically I wouldn't want to live anytime than now.

Eventhough the rain did happen over the weekend, I still managed to pry myself from my bed and socialize with friends. I also got around to watch The Hunger Games. Great movie. I've never read the books so as far as I know, they did a good job. I'm not sure I wanted to start reading them. I'm already two books behind from my yearly list to read. Perhaps when I actually find the time to sit around and read the two books that I had bought from my list and finish them I would probably start reading the trilogy.

Oh look it's Monday once again. Have a great day my fashionistos and fashionistas!

No comments: