Thursday, March 29, 2012

Things That I Want: I'm Seeing Red - Closed & Swatch

Most of the time, if I'm planning an outfit for a fashion event, I already have something in my mind either from an inspiration from a magazine or a runway look that I just loved. The different thing about the event on Friday is that eventhough there will be some form of fashion installation at the deYoung Museum to celebrate the Jean-Paul Gaultier exhibit. I will primarily be there to check out the exhibit. My approach to it, how I dress everyday. I would pick a piece that I want to wear and build an outfit around it. But for Friday's event, it will all depend on the weather really.

Okay I lied, I already know that I want to sport red. Red pants that is. I already got this pair from the mail, actually. The inspiration came from receiving Brad Goreski's book in the mail. The Spring/Summer seasons are the seasons to pull out some bright pieces and prints for your daily outfits. The chinos are from Italian brand Closed which received great  reviews from the latest issue of GQ magazine. I'm in love with the brand and I can't wait for them to be readily available in the US. Of course I have considered a few red pants already but I just have to find out what GQ is raving about and they are right. They are great. The pants retail for $220. 

Another red thing that I want is the new lacquered watch by Swatch. The watch of the yesteryears AKA the 90's. The new collection for Spring/Summer 2012 looks great. I'm absolutely in love with the bright colors of the watch with the combination of the exposed clockwork in contrasting colors. I love it. A watch is a great way to put a touch of color on your look. I want it in every color and as the watch retails for $75, not bad at all, I will probably own a couple in the next few weeks. 

Have a great Thursday, my fashionistos and fashionistas.

Don't forget to like The Guy in The Mission and Beyond on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.
 



No comments: