Monday, March 5, 2012

Runway Monday: The (Cool) Cat In The Hat - Robert Geller Spring/Summer 2012 Review


Another gorgeous California weekend! I was wearing shorts and my Versace for H&M print shirt when I went out for my friend's Happy hour birthday hang out. Yep. I know you're jealous. But like I said,  as the official summer rolls around, I will be the one jealous.

Over the weekend, a friend of mine and I were talking about the "honeymoon phase" in a relationship. Where the other can't do anything wrong and everything is copacetic. Then just one day little things start to bother you a bit. Then again if you say that nothing is annoying with your partner, you're probably lying.

Happy Monday, my fashionistos and fashionistas!

As one of my favorite shows during the NYFW spring/summer 2012, Robert Geller showed a collection that truly adressed the changing temperature from spring to summer to early fall. I love the layering and the silhouettes were masculine but not so much that it was rigid. The texture was also great with the use of woven/net fabrics and blocking it with soft, wrinkled cottons, and leather. The color story was also good since it features a more muted almost dusty hues of blue, blacks, grays and browns with pops of yellow here and there. The accessories I absolutely love! The wide brim hats ( I absolutely love), the wooden necklaces the shoes all received positive marks on my book. I think overall I just loved how the whole collection was styled it was very easy and wasn't forced. Eventhough that some of the pieces includes very edgy pieces for some reason it just works great with the laid back feel of the collection.



Video courtesy of VideoFashon.

No comments: