Monday, March 12, 2012

Runway Monday: Diamonds Are A Man's Best friend - Marlon Gobel Fall/Winter 2012-13 Review


You've heard women say it but were you really going to say no to diamonds or Swarovski crystal elements? Probably not. 

As one of the shows that I look forward to every season, Marlon Gobel has not let me down yet. For Fall/Winter 2012-13, "The Heist" featured great tailoring with incorporation of Swarovski elements. The collection showcased amazing textures and, of course colors, that I loved every season.  From following the designer for a few seasons now, I love how Gobel managed to blur the lines of whimsicality and wearability. The crystal bowtie I ABSOLUTELY must have, I mean right now. He also manages to make a few of the bedazzled armor jackets wearable if not I would find a way to wear one. Another outerwear that I loved was the crocodile jacket with the gold details. The plaid pieces I also liked but thought took a back seat compared to the luxe shinier pieces. The playful "bullet dented" quilted suit, I thought, were very nice. The shoes featured of course I'm going to talk about the shoes! were custom made by Walk Over for Marlon Gobel and they all looked great especially the wing tip boot with the leather detail. 

Overall, another dandy and luxe collection without sacrificing wearability. I didn't expect anything less, really. Job well done, sir.

What a weekend! As I expected my relaxing weekend of "staying-in"was cut short by hanging out with a number of people. I also re-discovered this bar/lounge called The Residence on Saturday which was an old smoking bar till it got its facelift a year or two ago. The bad thing about that night was I was dressed up to hang out at a lounge bar so when the group I was with decided to go to a local dance bar let's just say I was a little over-dressed on a packed dance floor. Sunday was a recuperating/ brunch at Local: Mission Eatery and enjoyed great conversation with two friends which I had a dish with blood sausage.

Hope Everybody had a wonderful weekend as well and Happy Monday, my fashionistos and fashionistas.

No comments: