Friday, March 16, 2012

Sleek When Wet - Tyson Ballou by Doug Inglish

Last night, I finally got around watching the new show Fashion Star on NBC. The premise of the show was the designers hope to stay in the competition by showing their designs to a panel of mentors and buyers from H&M, Macy's and Saks Fifth Ave and get a bid for the pieces to be sold at the store and online the next day. I didn't really thought I would watch it because before last night, I didn't know anything about the show besides it has Elle Macpherson as the show's host and ugh-ness extraordinaire Jessica Simpson as one of the mentors (John Varvatos and Nicole Richie were the other two). Overall I liked the show so far. Not to mention it finally showcases to most network watching general public what a buyer does then maybe I don't have to explain to people what I do.

BUT I did not agree with the decision of sending home somebody that showed complete looks versus somebody who showed an accessory with somebody else's clothes. Eventhough the one that got sent home got called out as having a "chauvinistic Australian attitude" by Macpherson. I liked his designs, albeit his attitude or not.

It's finally Friday! The weekend is almost here.

In today's editorial, Tyson Ballou grazed the cover and the pages of the latest style issue of GQ Russia. The stunning editorial was photographed by Doug Inglish and styled by the always amazing Katerina Melnikova with pieces by Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry Prorsum, Giorgio Armani and Yves Saint Laurent to name a few.

WARNING: There might be body parts showing. but other than than what a great editorial! Leave it to the editors of European men's fashion magazines.








No comments: