Thursday, March 15, 2012

Things That I Want: Short Stories - Gant by Michael Bastian

Gant by Michael Bastian
It is a little hard to think about the promise of warmer weather when it's been raining the whole day and forecasts, you've guessed it! More Rain till the end of the week. I'm used to the cold and I own a car so I'm not really complaining. The bad thing about the weather, I tend to get lethargic. I almost didn't go to the gym after work and cancelled on the GQ/Bloomingdales fashion event, all because of the rain.

I know I'm not made of sugar that I'll melt in the rain but unless I'm kissing my New York out in the middle of time square with a full orchestra playing Tchaikovsky's "Romeo And Juliet Overture"(you know the part I'm talking about, 9 minutes into the piece), I'll pass frolicking in the rain for another day.

In today's Things That I Want post, I bring you not one but two pieces that I wanted from my last year's trip to Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week. They are both from the Gant by Michael Bastian Spring/Summer 2012 collection. Both have that quirk without being too graphic. I absolutely love the printed turtle shorts! From afar you wont even know they're turtles till you get close when you realize what are printed on the shorts. The other piece is the camo swim shorts. Now that I'm older (and wiser), gone are the days of baggy board shorts that I wore back in college but I don't think I'm at that point to wear banana hammocks besides I'm not Brazilian, European, or a 50 year old man. The turtle shorts retail for $245 and the camo swim trunks for $135.

If you're familiar with the collection, there's a pair of swim shorts with the hippo prints on them, really cute, but I felt like I can't quite pull a pink swim shorts. I know, I'm pushing dandy to my limits.

Oh, how I can't wait for Spring to roll around.








No comments: