Thursday, December 8, 2011

Things That I Want: My Not-So-Ugly Marlon Gobel Sweater

On a recent client/social dinner event that I went to, the group got talking about holiday parties and events. One of the biggest holiday parties in companies is what we call an Ugly Sweater Party. A type of party where everybody wears the most tackiest holiday sweater that one can find.

Anyway, the lady (whom shall remain nameless) that brought up the Ugly Sweater Party was wearing this snowflake poly blend of sorts purple sweater. So I asked her if her company just had one. Of course they didn't.

Open mouth, insert foot. Yep, I was mortified but not as embarrassed as her . . . I think. I thought these type of things only happens in movies or Urban Legends kind of thing. I guess not.

If I have to wear a sweater to a party and since I don't believe in owning anything that's remotely hideous. I would invest on the navy cashmere unicorn shawl collar sweater by Marlon Gobel. The ultra-lush sweater was part of the Secret Order fall/winter 2011-12 collection and definitely FAR from ugly but it has that tongue-in-cheek quality to it that I love. Come on, prancing unicorns? Everybody loves unicorns! I'm not sure of the price point for the sweater but I know it is available at Bergdorf Goodman in New York and that means one thing.

Marlon Gobel is definitely one of my favorite designers right now!