Monday, December 5, 2011

Runway Monday: Jimmy Dean - Michael Bastian Spring/Summer 2012 Review and Daniel Sudar's Birthday Bash/FashionShow



This was one of the shows I saw that I really liked, I guess if you looked closely you can spot me on this video! But like I said, I don't know if I liked the collection because the pieces were great or because it was James Dean's clothes or inspired by him. After taking one season off, Michael Bastian now owns and controls the company 100% so it was sort of a rebirth for the brand. As Michael Bastian said some of the pieces were direct inspiration from Jimmy Dean's movie wardrobe and/or from his famous photographs. The rest were "what if" Jimmy Dean was around this time of age. The knits were amazing and I love the preppy pieces. Was the collection innovative? Probably not but there was a sense of ease and cool to the collection without over trying that I found adorable. The collection was highly marketable and well rounded. Overall it was a very cohesive with a mix of retro twists to modern pieces.



Yesterday, I attended Daniel Sudar's Beyond chef wear show and birthday party. It was a good mix of chef uniforms that were functional and handsome at the same time. He also previewed two of the dresses he designed and a very handsome formal embroidered black suit that I love.

Saw a few of the local designers that I met during San Francisco fashion week which was always nice and pleasant.

I know it was customary to wear something by the designer when attending a party hosted by the designer but unfortunately I don't own a Daniel Sudar piece. Sad face. But I did noticed a few of his friends wearing his designs.

Below were some select pictures I took during the show.

Happy Monday my fashionistos and fashionistas!