Monday, May 14, 2012

Runway Monday: Details In The Dark - Rochambeau Fall/Winter 2012-13 Review


The Black V fashion show on Saturday was such a success. Eventhough I was not seated on front row just kidding. I would like to thank Daniel Sudar for the invite and his collection was just great. I've uploaded the photographs that I took to my Mac but I'm going to wait till they release some of the runway shots. I'm actually glad that the fashionable people of Bay Area actually came out for a good cause. There were more "great look" vs. "what were you thinking" this time around. But as I was writing this last night, it felt like I didn't even had a weekend since I was running around like a mad man till last night. But I suppose that I would rather be busy than bored. BTW how was your weekend?

In this week's Runway Monday, I present one of the more well orchestrated presentation from my last trip to Mercedes Benz Fashion Week New York, Rochambeau. Eventhough I don't generally dress up on edgy side of fashion but I'm always drawn to the kinds of Comme des Garcons, Rad Hourani, and Mugler like a moth to a flame. This was the second season for me for the brand and I just love the minut details on the pieces. For fall/winter, Joshua Cooper and Laurence Chandler, took inspiration from the structures and markings from pagan mythology. You could see from them on the cuts and details on the pieces. The color story was of rich burgundy and black . . . lots of them. I really liked the relaxed silhouette that the brand always exudes. Eventhough that the duo only started to play with leather, velvet, and fur, the incorporation worked well with this collection. The jacket that was worn by Paolo Roldan was just amazing. The blazer with the leather detail was nice as well. The accessories included fringed over the body and neck bags, the wide brim fedora that I'm loving right now and the interesting stringed boots. I also loved the finger gloves that completed most of the looks.

Overall the collection was cohesive and well-crafted without being flashy or gimmicky. This was definitely the best collection yet for Rochambeau.

No comments: