Thursday, May 10, 2012

Black As Night - Black V 2012: The Outfit

Was there something in the water? A handful of my Facebook friends changed their relationship status to single in the last couple of days. Mine included (I just changed mine back to in a relationship last night and the response was confusion). My bestfriend added that everybody was getting ready for Summer flings, joking of course. I never thought of that. Summer is definitely coming in full speed. The question is, am I ready? Let's just say that I haven't really thought of planning my vacation for the fact that I really don't have the time to do it.

On Saturday, I will be attending the Black V fashion event that would be held at The Landmark at 1 Market street in the Embarcadero/South Beach part of town. Compared to the Snow show last January, the collections for this event will be inspired by the dark, rich mood of black. I missed the show last year because of my trip to LA. So I'm quite excited to be able to attend this year. 

The Designers showing this year as listed on the ticket website includes, Acta Non Verba, Cari Borja, Daniel Sudar, d'Homme by Dahae Kim, Gail B Shrive, Kate Knuvelder, Ken Chen San Francisco, and Zoe Hong.

I'm familiar with some of the works of a few designers on the list. 

So I have been thinking about what to wear for the event. The theme this year was black and gold so the first thing that popped in my head, my Versace for H&M shorts with my Givenchy legging trousers. I'm still considering it but right now I'm against it just for the reason that I already wore the shorts to a fashion event back in February. 

So, since Dior Homme's Spring/Summer 2012 collection was still on my mood board by my workspace at home, I'm sticking with my guns. I know, sleeveless?! Right. I always feel iffy about showing arm but sometimes fashion requires it. So I dug up my vintage Prada, sleeveless button down and work from there. It is summer and if the forecast stayed true, going sleeveless would be smart. This time around I would be staying true with Kris Van Assche's minimalist approach. Less can sometimes be more.

If you're in San Francisco this Saturday May 12th reserve your tickets at the link at the end of this post.

The inspiration: Dior Homme S/S 2012



My Outfit:
  • Vintage wide Brim fedora
  • Prada Sleeveless button down
  • Zara belt
  • Dior Homme cuff bracelet
  • Dior Homme black trousers 
  • Generic Man brogues.

No comments: