Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Work It! - Nathan Owens by Ben Watts

At the moment, I'm redesigning my work area in my room. Opted out my bigger flat screen and getting a smaller one. I'm also making room to put up pictures of my nieces (soon there will be three of them) and frame a few art works I bought over the years and a more comfortable work chair. I have this problem though my work table always ends up being my magazine/mail pile and I find myself working in bed. I read somewhere that you should never do anything in bed other than sleep. Your brain tends to think subconsciously that you want to sleep because that's what you usually do in bed . . . at least, majority of the time. I think there's some truth to that I do feel sleepy whenever I read a book or do work in bed. Thus I'm making my work area well inviting for me. I'm putting some time and money on it so it better work! Then again I have myself to blame if does not.

On an another subject of work.

Today's editorial post is a little different. I wanted to post this as soon as I saw it in the April issue of GQ magazine. How many guys do really think about what they wear at the gym? I'm not a gym rat but I do go to the gym three to four times a week. And I usually just pick one of my hockey shirts from a few years back and my college basketball shorts. The gym, to me, is one of the places that I generally go for comfort and not style. But these days, style and comfort and gym clothes can be said in one sentence. Nathan Owens pose for Ben Watts showcasing how a city sleeker do gym wear in NoSweats. The editorial features pieces American Apparel, Armani Exchange, Bottega Venetta, Number:Lab and Dolce & Gabbana to name a few.

Don't forget to "like" The Guy in The Mission and Beyond on Facebook for your daily updates and follow me on twitter.








No comments: