Monday, April 9, 2012

Runway Monday: Calm In The Crazy - Frankie Morello Fall/Winter 2012-13 Review


No matter how much fun it was to hang out with my friends, sometimes I feel jealous to see that the
friends that were coupled off have each other when mine was across the country. I'll be honest, sometimes it drives me crazy. Although that I do love my independence most of the time, sometimes I just want to hold E.S.'s hand or go out and do couple-y things like a regular couple.

Sounded like a song really, doesn't it. Psh!

Two weeks couldn't come any sooner when E.S. visits me. 

I hope everybody had a great Easter weekend. It seemed like everybody in San Francisco was at Dolores park yesterday for the Hunky Jesus show. I know it seemed so wrong but way too funny to ignore. Besides, this was a SF tradition. We couldn't possibly break the tradition, couldn't we?

Another Monday my fashionistos and fashionistas.

In today's runway Monday, I give you one of my favorites from the Milan shows, Frankie Morello. Okay if you were familiar with the line, you would know that the shows tend to have that shock and awe effect. This season it featured French performer Benjamin Dukhan. The collection itself was something to behold. From the studded pieces to the Indian inspired prints. Let's start of from the spiked/studded pieces that were featured from the beginning of the show. Besides the very flamboyant and avante garde looks the tailoring truly shines with a modern cut. I don't really cared for the overtly adorned pieces but the one the one that River Viiperi was wearing, was actually nice. The prints for the middle part of the show were great and the texture was just phenomenal especially the ones with the fur trims. I was expecting a very hard and cold collection from how the show started but as each model came out. It was truly something. The pieces became soft and more somber, almost calm. The studded folios and shoes I also loved. But as the outfits became more organic, I thought the shoes I less cared for. But the outerwear remained great. The leather jacket/knitted jacket was just amazing. I also liked the camo-esque suit that was featured in the show.

No comments: