Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gangster's Paradise - Fernando Carbal, Roman Ivancic, Levi Lorney, Juan Manuel, Lucho Jacob, Brett Pouhalee, Timothe/Vladimir & Mathias O by Sabine Villiard

As anyone could attest, "Ghetto" makes me cringe. Eventhough I have a penchant to wear flat bill caps, I am far from ghetto fabulous.  Urban but not ghetto but the bad thing about that term, is that they are now one and the same. I'm thankful that most hip hop artists are more willing to confirm to high fashion looks. Thanks to Kanye West, The men of Black Eyed Peas to name two. I think as public service, I should go collect every sagging-to-your-knee jeans and burn them. I still can't believe the fashion faux pas that Marithe Francois Girbaud committed to mankind with those horrible jeans that were big in the late 90's/ early 00's.

Well in this editorial that appears on the 13th issue of Fiasco magazine, Fernando Carbal, Roman Ivancic, Levi Lorney, Juan Manuel, Lucho Jocob, Brett Pouhalee, Timothe Vladimir and Mathias O channels their inner gangster with Paris as backdrop. I love the pieces from Calvin Klein, Juun J, and Dries Van Noten. Photographed by Sabine Villiard and styled by Aurelin Storny and Alexandre Misericordia. Oh Saturday, here you are once more.











No comments: