Monday, January 2, 2012

Runway Monday: Clean-up On Aisle 10: Marlon Gobel Spring/Summer 2012 Review


Welcome to the first post of 2012! My New Year's Eve was good, although it could always be better, but if anybody was to blame it would be me. More time, more champagne, perhaps . . . not to mention probably have my Canadien friend with me at stroke of midnight so we weren't counting down twice *eastcoast and westcoast.  Over the weekend,  I went through my event calendar for the next couple months and I could not believe that it was already packed with events and trips. A great way to start the New Year.

As one of the shows that I was looking forward to from my trip to New York Fashion Week, Marlon Gobel didn't disappoint. The very vibrant supermarket themed collection looked so good I  could and would sink my teeth on it. The printed produce shirts paired with tucked ties were great, what did you say? You were looking for a plum shirt? Marlon has it . . . in HD print! I absolutely love the Asparagus dress shirt! Another upcoming trend next season is mesh, Marlon Gobel's were fresh and colorful styled with bowties? Yes, please. The suits, were sharp and in some great and vibrant colorful hues. Another part of the show that I love, were the shoes! Okay, you should know by now how I love my shoes. The looks were paired with Walk Over derby shoes with pastel soles. The grey/yellow variant? Sold, to moi! The collection touched every gamut of menswear from swimwear to formalwear. Only one thing that I hope that Marlon would venture into maybe was man bags. Marlon Gobel's spring/summer 2012 collection was delicious and a pleasure to watch.

And as I'm planning my Snow fashion show/event outfit happening at end of the month. Who knew that planning an all white outfit can be so challenging. One piece I've been considering was the, as Marlon Gobel named it, Optical Refraction Vinyl Lens Jacket paired with a white shirt and a white bowtie. (hint hint nudge nudge)

Happy Monday, my fashionistos and fashionistas!



and a little extra, a backstage video.

No comments: