Saturday, January 21, 2012

Paris Men's Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2012 - 2013 - Day 2

 The forecast for the weekend was rain. Yesterday, I had to brave it so I can hunt for white pants that one, not my dad's pants, nor would I look like that I was going to the bahamas. Great thing I found it but I still wish that I could have used my Vivienne Westwood pants for the event next Saturday (which hasn't arrived yet).

Oh well, Happy Weekend, so I guess the good thing about all this rain was that, we would have snow in the Sierra's by the time. I decided to go skiing come late March.

 Kimmel's collection this season featured a very classic, masculine silhouette. The designs were reminiscent of the 50's with a slight Area 51/Roswell sci-fi movie feel to it.

 A great take on the renaissance. Romantic and dandy. I love the shirts with the lace collar. Alexis looked for inspiration from King Henry VIII and I thought succeded the collection was reminiscent of man but without being too costumey. I liked the drama.

The reflected the 80's to me. The color palette and the design.

 I love that luxe pieces were married with more rugged appeal. The appeal of the upper garments were regal yet dressed down with biker boots and jeans. Resulting to a great balance of the luxe and rugged. I love this collection.

Way more subdued compared to past seasons, the Belgian designer took cues from Oscar Wilde and Frank Zappa. I love the revamped oxfords and the carrot pants with the super skinny belts.

 I guess oversize was one of the trends this season. Eventhough the collection seemed odd at times, there were great pieces (especially knits) within the cray-cray.

 High street fashion from Japan showcased cropped pleated pants and great explosion of color. I liked the outerwear the featured these three dimensional pyramid coats that surely was statement piece. Great Job!

 Marrying high fashion and streetwear, this season's collection felt a little all over the place. The brand had been struggling ever since being sold to Puig. The collection was not a total lost since within it were pieces that actually look great while others seemed a little too worked on.

As the brand's runway debut, I thought the collection looked great. There were a lot of pieces that were interesting and felt handsome and cozy. I loved the fur trimmings on the jacket and as the name implies great color palette for a fall/winter collection.
 Great bags . . .

 Another favorite of mine, Kim Jones truly does push the boundaries of the LV brand. There were definitely eye catching pieces here that were reminiscent to the previous collection. I absolutely adore those arrow pins. I thought it gave the hats and the jackets an extra drama.

 Sweaters as shawls and plastic parkas why not. The drama of the collection has doubled ever since moving the show from New York to Paris. I love the use of the geometric pieces and the subtle houndstooth print on most of the more dressy pieces.

 Another collection that featured the over exaggerated and tremendously bulky outerwear with a slight tinge of Tron/futuristic tones on the designs.

Eventhough this collection was less quirky than the previous collections, check out the shoulder pads. Reminds me when I used to play hockey. Great knits and fur-ed out outerwear though.

Interesting layering as always and with the season of capes, it felt like Yohji's was a bit unnecessary layering rather than a intricate part of the look that gave the collections like Mugler and Dolce & Gabbana an extra dramatic effect.

Day 2: Adam Kimmel, Alexis Mabille, Balenciaga, Balmain, Dries Van Noten, Henrik Vibskov, Issey Miyake, Jean Paul Gaultier, Kolor, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Rick Owens, Viktor & Rolf, Yohji Yamamoto.

No comments: