Monday, November 21, 2011

Runway Monday: To The Streets - Buckler Spring/Summer 2012 Review


As one of the shows that I actually saw last NYFW, I'm going to say that I liked the show. Like the last collection, Andrew Buckler took it to the streets, Gansevort street that is at the Meatpacking district in New York. I was surprised to see baggier silhouettes on some of the pieces. But the collection stayed true to its urban chic roots. Gathering inspiration from the industrial revolution of 1890's and our generation's the 90's that gave the collection a gritty yet stylish feel. Buckler's color story was rather dark for a spring/summer collection. Rich blacks and darker hues of navy to dusty grays and a few almost see-through whites paraded down the makeshift runway. The leather pieces and the scarf/hoodie were probably my favorite pieces from the bunch. The bags were nice because it has a slight touch of vintage. I also liked the asymmetrical buttons and zippers on the pieces that I became accustomed with the Buckler Man.  He's tough but not afraid to wear drop crotch pants and bifocal spectacles. Overall, the collection was cohesive and represents the brand in a deep resounding masculine voice.

So I did camped out for eight hours before the store opening at 8 am on Saturday. It was cold and I was wearing thick layers. As I got inside the store 5 minutes after eight, It was chaos! In less than thirty minutes the men's collection was cleaned out from the hangers. The only difference from the Lanvin <3 H&M event was I did get two out of the three items I wanted plus the stampa print shirt. The only downer was it was the sleeveless variant. Oh well, I like it enough. I just have to go crazy at the gym and make my arms much bigger.

I wish I could say that I have a short week this week because of Thanksgiving on Thursday but I would be working my regular days till the morning of Thanksgiving. On the bright side, I do get the biggest shopping weekend off.

Happy Monday my fashionistos and fashionistas!