Monday, November 14, 2011

Runway Monday: Love It Or Hate It - Versace For H&M Review


The countdown begins! In the next few days the collection will be made available to select H&M stores worldwide. Saturday for us in the US and like last year for Lanvin <3 H&M, bright and early at 8 am. I hope the line wont be as crazy as last year but for some reason, that's just wishful thinking. The window display was already up when I passed by the store on my way to meet a friend for brunch last Thursday. After seeing the shirts on display, I think I'll pass on the geometric shirt and opt for a simple black one (or the sequined bib shirt, not part of the Versace for H&M collection, of course). There are mix reviews for the collection with my fellow fashion journalists. Some loved it for the loud prints and colors and others went as far as calling it Euro Trash look.  I personally think that all of the pieces took inspirations from past and current Versace collections with slight tweaking. Of course, like I said I don't really love the whole collection but there are pieces that I just have to have and not complaining about the overluster of the collection. To be honest, Every piece is very Versace, loud. In terms of the show, it is a little chaotic. There are models coming from both ends and pretty much speed walking past   the guests. On the other hand, I love the music!

Hope Everybody had a good weekend. Mine was a good mix of hanging out with friends and family. So I can't complain much, really.

Have a good Monday, my fashionistos and fashionistas!