Monday, November 7, 2011

Runway Monday: Last Collection - D&G Spring/Summer 2012 Review


As most of the world already knows this is, in fact, the last collection for the sophomore label, D&G. A little sad but the D&G line is merging with its main label, Dolce & Gabbana with hopes of strengthening the primary line. For a last show, they did go out with a bang. Nothing overly flamboyant pieces but definitely stays true to the heart that is D&G. A lot of silky, flowy, pajamy foulard bottoms and tops. If you look closely the top part of the pants are always different, mostly a jean top, juxtaposed to colorful and pattern-heavy foulards. Basically every piece had either jean, gingham or foulard and in some cases all three.  Some of my favorite pieces are the foulard baseball jacket and shorts. The moccasins are quite something as well especially, you've guessed it, the foulard printed ones. Since D&G is always the "younger" and vibrant line, it will truly be missed but at the same time I can not wait to see the first collection after the merge.

After having a great Saturday night out and spending most of my Sunday well doing nothing well more like recuperating. I do welcome a busy week at work, a few social responsibilities, and diving in, nose first, at a project I'm working on for a friend.

Have a good Monday everybody! I have yet to hear wether I'm flying to NYC for the Versace/H&M show, so I'm still crossing my fingers.