Monday, November 28, 2011

Runway Monday: Dandy Goodness - Antonio Azzuolo Spring/Summer 2012 Review


I have most of my holiday looks complete. I still need to buy a plain white shirt with a windsor collar, I just need to find the time to buy it. I already know where to get it. If that doesn't work, my Givenchy white shirt will have to do. Over the weekend, I also bought a pair of meggings (look up: male leggings) (Givenchy, of course) Eventhough I could wear it as trousers I don't think I'm confident enough to walk around with just it. As weird as it sounds, it does feel disturbingly comfortable for something so tight.

Collection after collection, A.A. has been one of the few designers that I look forward on seeing. It is always interesting. A little playful but always consists of great looks and amazing tailoring. The drop crotch pants and shorts had a slight literal twist to it as it appears off-centered on the models, almost like a wrap.  I know I've said on my NYFW coverage that I didn't really like those pants but the more I see them, the more I like it. There are some great blazers in this collection as well. The color palette is very light and great for the spring/summer seasons. The bags eventhough ginormous is rather nice. Blazers with drop crotch shorts paired with simple black shoes and socks is definitely a look I will be sporting come spring.  Overall, the collection is a little different from A.A.'s previous collections because of a more slouchy, softer and baggier shapes on the pieces but it is not necessarily bad. I personally love it because it gave the rather regal collection a street styled feel to the looks.

On a side note, I'm kinda bummed that Antonio Azzuolo did not win this year's CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund but congratulations to Joseph Altuzzara, nonetheless.

Happy Monday, my fashionistos and fashionistas!



** Thank you to avenueswank.com for posting the video.