Thursday, September 8, 2011

Things That I Want . . . Part 10: In Hiding

As a fashionisto, being complemented as a good dresser is always flattering. I mean it doesn't have to be a verbal appreciation, looks will suffice (ha ha). I mean of course in the greater scheme of things, I dress for myself but let us be honest, though. Some of us dress-up to be seen. You don't have to spend a lot of money either for the most complements I always get are those pieces that did not cost me a fortune.
Which brings me to my point. I think that the boys and girls at Lookbook are called professionals for the fact that they know how to style themselves. I believe that styling is an inert talent, we all have it, it's just some are better than others as any talent goes.

There are times though when I just shield myself and appear incognito. I mean it doesn't mean that I'll dress in a drab but more wrapped up I suppose. But I find it interesting when people are surprised that, at times, I would be in a flat cap and a T-shirt. I am human after all. I can't be perfect all the time. 

The other night while walking after a few drinks with my best friend, and wearing a shirt while cold wind whips passed us. I wished that I had this jacket. The Kai-Aakmann cowl/hood trench.  I have yet to find a place that sells this piece. So I don't know the price point of the jacket but knowing the brand, I know it wont cost me an arm and a leg and probably a spleen. I just love how dramatic and versatile the cowl neck is. Always amazing designs from Soonjin Park, the head designer for Kai-Aakmann.

Today, Nicholas K and Richard Chai's shows highlights my day.  Oh yeah! Fashion's Night Out is tonight as well! Eventhough I have to slightly change a few outfits around because of the weather. It is alright.