Thursday, October 13, 2011

Things That I Want . . . Part 14: Sleeved For You

I know, I know you should never admit when you're stressed out. But I'm STRESSED OUT! The last week or two had been very trying and not easy. Making decisions on my professional and private life and little curveballs that life threw on me. I know I'll get through this but of course, right now all I can do is freak out . . . inside. If there is one thing certain about life and theatre, the show must and will go on.

We have seen how big leather plays on the Fall/Winter 2011-12 shows. Varsity jackets was practically on every collection. I have one, but how does one play off the trend. What is the most striking part of a varsity jacket? Wait for it . . . leather sleeves!

Which brings us to what I want right now, The Marc Jacobs winter fleece crewneck sweater with leather sleeves. I love how understatedly luxe the sweater is. The juxtaposition of the beautiful tan leather over the grey cotton is just amazing.

The sweater retails for $580.