Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Day In The Life Of A Fashionisto - Sean O'Pry by Shannon Sinclair

I believe that most working individuals have a certain schedule. So to me, It's a little frustrating when people sometimes don't understand when I can't make certain events or what not. No, I'm not going to pretend I'm super busy all the time but I am busy. Being a Fashionisto is, in fact, a full-time job.

My regular day goes something like this,
  • My day begins at 6am. 
  • Get ready for work.
  • I grab a quick breakfast (coffee) on the way.
  • Work and do work related things for a good 6-8 hours.
  • Go to the gym.
  • Be social and meet people (friends and networking possibilities) for happy hour and/or dinner.
  • Get home, go over things for my blog and do additional work as an assistant buyer.
  • I go to bed.
  • Another day begins.
I know it seems very mechanical but it does shift once in a while. 

One of my co-workers asked me recently what I did over the weekend and I said that I went to a charity event and a fashion show. To which he responded, he never gets invited to those things and he thinks my life is grand. I told him it's not that grand. I'm not special or anything just because I get to attend such things but people think I get handed out invites to shows at NYFW or get VIP'ed to a party out of thin air. Sure, I get invited but I worked hard for those invites for those shows, I'm not a celebrity. I put myself out there. I just don't sit and wait for things to fall on my lap. If I want something I go for it, which I told him to do the same. Carpe Diem! Seize the day! 

Bottom line, I'm just me. A regular guy that happens to like clothes and fashion as much as I like my hockey.

This post is inspired by this photo series by Shannon Sinclair featuring top male model, Sean O'Pry entitled Sean O'Pry: In The Life.

Happy Hump Day, my fashionistos and fashionistas.