Monday, June 4, 2012

Runway Monday: Star Spangled - Givenchy Fall/Winter 2012-13


Another weekend zoomed right by. I swear my weekends were getting shorter every week. I had fun though.  I spent some time outside the city and enjoy summertime for a day. But staying in the city yesterday was fun as well. I caught up with a friend and spent the rest of the night with the bestie. Well according to my phone this morning, I was out giving out my number like it was candy from the texts from unknown numbers with names I don't recognize. Too much sometimes. Le sigh.

Well another busy week would be upon me but I'm looking forward to it. Have a good Monday my fashionistos and fashionistas!

Since the pre collection for the Givenchy came out a week ago. I decided to write about the Givenchy fall/winter 2012-13 collection for this week's Runway Monday. Staying true to the "Paris club kid"persona that has been the image of the brand, this time with Tisci's child hood obsession the stars and stripes AKA the American flag. The silhouette remained masculine with the incorporation of skirts or I really should say kilts. Which has been part of the brand for a number of collections now. The monochromatic tailoring was impeccable. The outerwear were hard edged with a slight hint of whimsy with the star studded knits and printed baseball jackets.  The color theme of the collection remained somber in the hues of black and red. The brown leather pieces were great but the pieces in black and red truly made an impression on me. Although the leather scalloped jacket looked delish. I thought Tisci was in a roll here when it came to the "it" prints of the season. The accessories of nose clips was first jarring but definitely interesting. They evoked the movie poster of Silence of the Lambs. I don't know how wearable were those nose clips but they were statement pieces definitely. Overall the collection was strong and handsome but really were you expecting anything less from Tisci? I don't think so.

No comments: