Monday, June 25, 2012

Runway Monday: Relax, You're On Vacation - Valentino Spring/Summer 2013



I think sometimes when I try to de-stress and get away from the city life, that's the time I find myself get connected and "stuck" at work on my Mac. Granted I should have known because Milan menswear fashion week began on Saturday and Pitti Uomo in Florence a few days before that. But no matter how long my long weekend, it's always not long enough. Sitting here, finally home and preparing for my week, I wish, I have one more day.

Happy Monday, my fashionistos and fashionistas.

The Milan menswear round-up will be coming this week.

One of the shows that I love from the Pitti Uomo is the Valentino collection. For Spring/Summer 2013 the collection is younger and played with a more interesting silhouettes than the previous collection. Even though the color story is getting mixed reviews I love it. The olives and deep blues are my favorites. I also love how the more brighter colors are used to color block the outerwear and pants. The camo jackets are wonderful as well. The accessories are as great as the clothing. I love the leather portfolios!

Overall, I love the collection but to me it felt a little more of a pre-fall than a full pledged Spring/Summer but as I get to see more shows every year the Milano shows tend to be that way. So I digress. Besides after all those shiny, metallic pieces that's been parading the Milano collections, this collection is such a nice break from the shine.

The Valentino man found a younger, more urban spirit and I'm loving it.

No comments: