Monday, June 18, 2012

Runway Monday: At The Downtown Abbey - Hackett London Spring/Summer 2013 Review

Another Busy Weekend, from helping a friend shop for home appliances, driving around suburbia aka Not-in-SF to another friend's birthday drinks and dinner. Unfortunately, I change plans on Saturday and decided to go out of town rather than going to a fashion show. I needed a little R&R after Friday. It was a hot day too, loving my car's sunroof even more that day.

This week is going to be another busy work week since, I'm planning a trip this weekend. We shall see, we shall see how this week turns out.

For the first time ever, London had their separate menswear fashion week over the weekend. I would say that London did a great job kicking off the major European men's collection. One of my favorites from over the shows over the weekend was the collection by luxury British brand, Hackett. Okay, okay I always had my weakness with great suitings. I sometimes wish that people would dress up more like they used to but living in California, that's too much to ask. The brand's sartorial offerings for Spring/Summer 2013 is a combination of traditional British tailoring but with a modern flamboyance to it. The color story is light with playful neutrals to eye-grabbing pasteles. I also love that some of the traditional elements is mixed with modern textures and cuts. This is a brand that stays true to their vision of great British tailoring without losing site of their clients.

If I would want my closet to be outfitted with anything, this would be it. A little Downtown Abbey meets a summer at the Hampton's.

No comments: