Thursday, July 14, 2011

Trend Thursday: The (Semi) Invisible Neckwear

Simon Spurr SS 2011
This trend was by no means new, the kids in the 80's had done it and it was just coming back.  It was all over the runway, from Jil Sanders to Emporio Armani. I'm talking about buttoning the shirt up to the top, without a neckwear. Yep, I know, I know it seems like everybody decided that bowties are cool again and eventhough I always thought bowties were amazing and believe that I was born in the wrong era but I digress. I don't know if I could ever pull the look I almost did but I always feel like something was missing. I am totally missing the minimalism idea of the whole look but to each is our own, I suppose. So while I got dressed, I thought, how would I do the trend but feel complete and don't feel quite priestly ala Givenchy fall/winter 2010/11. Then I thought about one of my style guru and asked myself, "What would Pelayo do?" Yes, I'm talking about statement pieces. If you know Palayo Diaz and then you know his collection of Mawi jewelry. No, I don't own a Mawi piece . . . yet but I do have a few runway pieces from Dior, Louis Vuitton, and Vivienne Westwood to name a few. If you don't think that a statement necklace is for you, probably a porcelain bow tie by Core Sine Labe Doli? 
So, I put on my Givenchy white shirt, Louis Vuitton necklace, Zara bermudas and my Gant boat shoes and completed the look, of course by my Goorin hat. I know this trend report is a little different than my usual but hey, how hard is it to find a good crisp cotton shirt. btw fold the sleeves, It is Summer afterall . . . eventhough its been drizzling and winter like in San Francisco for the last two days.

My Ensemble!

Pelayo Diaz
Here are some fashion forward men of Europe taken by Tommy Ton:





And the Core Sine Labe Doli porcelain bowtie, check out their site here.

No comments: