Thursday, July 21, 2011

Trend Thursday: The Man's Man Bag

Louis Vuitton F/W 2011-12
Alright, this has been the most argued purchase I had among friends, lately. As most people are, I trust myself to know what I want and what is hot right now . . . but at the same time I ask my friends for their input about these purchases especially purchases that will leave a significant dent on my Dolce & Gabbana coin purse. Alas eventhough I could afford to buy and lavish myself with my love of high fashion (a trait from Mom), but I'm also a realist and mindful of spending . . . most of the time (and yes I thank my father for that). So that brings me to my latest purchase, an iPad 2 3G, the must have accessory of the decade. Where do I put such a thing, with my numerous man-bags. I playfully called this next purchase a man clutch and of course I got the shaking-of-the-heads and the "Oh god"s AND I actually got a few image texts of Cristiano Ronaldo carrying well what looks like a clutch bag. So I had to rephrase myself, I want a portfolio, something I can put my Ipad in. Although the man clutch, complete with a wristlet is parading the men's runways as of late. A portfolio is usually used by business people to lug in their important papers around. It's perfect. Il est absolutment parfait! I want something that is handsome and will fit my Ipad and probably some little things such as personal cards and such as well. A leather portfolio can go from $200 to as much as $2,000.  I know a briefcase is its closest relative but it might be too big and loses the whole idea of a slim practical carry-on consequently I'm not totally opposed to an actual iPad case just as long as it looks great and does not . . . well, look like an iPad case.

Mes suggestions


Links to where to get them:
Want Les Essentiels De La VieCoachGucciLouis Vuitton, The Dolce & Gabbana and Bally Portfolios are not yet available for purchase/ part of their fall/winter 2011/12 line up.
Saks is also offering a Gucci foldable portfolio for $1980 but is currently in back order. le sigh.

No comments: