Friday, October 19, 2012

Things That I Want: Accessory To Greatness - Dior Homme

Dior Homme f/w 2012
Like a true transplant to San Francisco, I'm complaining agitated not used to the warm weather which was in the low 80's. Honestly, it wasn't really that bad but I would rather be at the beach or at Dolores park getting a tan. It doesn't help either that I'm surrounded by coats and fall/winter pieces ALL day for the past couple of days. Not to mention I'm still on my spring/summer looks mode/clothing rotation.

The reason I love street style blogs like Monsieur Jerome he features the entire look, paying close attention to accessories. As an Accessory Buyer I like that but as a believer that accessories sets us apart from each other, I love it. Two men can wear the same suit/outfit but wearing the right accessories would give the other man that je ne sais quoi that makes his look better than the other. As Rachel Zoe would say, "An outfit is nothing without accessories."

Dior Homme f/w 2012
bird print/camo
So for today's Things That I Want post, we have two pieces, one that I already own thanks to New York/ES, from Dior Homme.

Let us start from the piece that I already own. It's the Dior Homme long metal bird pendant necklace. If you would ask my friends they would tell you how I love a good statement necklace. I own a number of simple yet great necklaces from Dior Homme through out the years. So it is no surprise that I wanted the "it" print/camo for Dior Homme's Fall/Winter 2012 collection in necklace form. So, again, thanks E, for being so thoughtful, you and getting me this. The necklace comes in all metal or lacquered finish.The necklace retails for $290.
Swizz Beatz wearing the
Blacktie 143s

The second piece I wanted is not necessarily from the latest collection but rather from the blacktie accessory collection that was released a few months back. I have been shopping around for a replacement for my vintage Armani sunglasses and although I'm in love with tortoiseshell DSquared pair I need a simple black one. Enter the Crystal Blacktie 143s sunglasses. I love the double metal bridge detail and the sleekeness of this pair. This particular pair comes in all black, crystal and tortoiseshell. I just love the crystal. The pair retails for $395.

Like necklaces and shoes. One can never have too many pairs of sunglasses.

Alright my fashionistos and fashionistas, Have a great weekend.





No comments: