Monday, July 30, 2012

Runway Monday: Seeing, Waiting - Dior Homme Spring/Summer 2013 Review


Another weekend had gone by and I would especially thank the guilty parties who knew what was going on Saturday and making it a little special, since I didn't really get a chance to fly away for the weekend to avoid it.


I feel like I'm in a stupid Katy Perry love song. Probably a good indication that I'm not quite on the right mind set to get in a relationship. I don't want to lead anybody on because that would be just wrong but I tell myself I'm just taking everything extra slow. Waiting. But what if what I want I really can't have and what I need was just readily available. Do I shrug it off and settle for number two? It would happen when it happens I suppose. Oh the human truth that we always wanted something what we could never have. 


Happy Monday my fashionistos and fashionistas.


In this week's Runway Monday review we have one of my favorite high fashion house, Dior Homme. If you've been following my blog you know how I adore Kris Van Assche's aesthetic. Minimalist with a punch. For spring/summer 2013 we saw the same minimalism but with a much softer shoulders and a more relaxed silhouette and tailoring. Some had gone far to say as a wearable collection. The color palette still remained dark and simple with a touch of gold and red here there. Sheer and sleeveless pieces also paraded down the runway that I loved. Great baseball jackets, nehru and sleeve blazers rounded up the new look that Van Assche envisioned for the Dior man to wear for next year's spring/summer season.


Overall I love the new look which I thought was not that a drastic of a change. But then again, my sleeveless Dior Homme shirt and wide brim hat look I can only wear among fashion friends because you know what?  High fashion looks sometimes could never be translated to street clothes . . . unless you live in New York.   As much as I love spotting great runway pieces, or me wearing them, walking down the street, people who were not in the business would think you/we look ridiculous. Sad, I know.

No comments: