Monday, July 16, 2012

Runway Monday: Cardinal Rules - Givenchy Spring/Summer 2013 Review


Another great weekend came to an end. Speaking of the weekend, I finally went to see the new Spiderman movie . . . with a date. It was our first time hanging out and broke one of my rules of dating. No movie dates on a first date which I'm glad I broke that rule because I had a good time. See, some rules were meant to be broken. We shall see where it goes though.

For today's runway review we have one of my favorites season after season, Riccardo Tisci's Givenchy. First and foremost, Riccardo Tisci had done it again. Amazing collection that features a great print. The silhouette's remained angular but softened by the fabric choices and in some cases the color. The recurring religious theme was evident on this collection as well. I love the pieces that were reminiscent of tunics worn by religious heads. The it print next year would be Mary. No, not that Mary the other one. I also adored the looks of layering of the printed shirts over button downs and sheer pieces. One thing that was featured here that I thought were great were the sleeveless tailored blazers and jackets that would be perfect for those warm evening parties, as long it's not a black tie event. The more Kanye West-y pieces like the bomber jackets looked great as well.

For some reason those nose bridge studs on the models  looked great as well. Another anomaly, I'm not usually a big fan of sandals but I loved the ones that were featured in this collection.

So overall, the collection was another success for Tisci because eventhough we have more than year till next summer I can't wait to own some of the pieces.


No comments: