Saturday, September 29, 2012

Runway Report: San Francisco Fashion Week - Emerging Designers


One runway night down, two more to go. Anna Dello Russo had said in the past that you should only wear an outfit ones. So, there lies the dilemma. Eventhough I do have a walk-in closet the size of a tiny room in Manhattan. I still re-wear some of the pieces I own . . . maybe not at the same sequence of outfit but I mix and match them. Shhh . . . that's a secret of a great closet, great pieces that you can mix and match. Not to mention, New York fashion week was just a couple of weeks ago. I have used all my outfits there. Last night, I wore my military inspired ala Dior Homme. A look that I love.

Last night's show featured some of San Francisco/Bay Area's up and coming designers. So there will be dresses and gowns in these up coming posts. I know.

Mikelsen

Great dresses with nice trims on the bottom. A little madmen-esque but cute.

Rebecca Cho

This collection featured some of the best prints I have seen on dresses. Flowy and flirty summed up the collection.

Shenova by Holly Renee

Yes, I'm going to say it. By far my favorite collection of the night. I love that collection evokes an almost Christopher Kane aesthetic. The prints were phenomenal especially the planets and galaxy ones. If there was one thing I didn't like, it was the feathers. I didn't quite get it. I really wish she comes up with shirts for men with these prints.

Brandon Murphy

DRAMA! Alright, I didn't really love every piece in this collection because it bothers me to see unfinished hems. But there were pieces that were truly exquisite. the box dress was very unexpected but really cute.

 Below The Surface

The only menswear that showed tonight, Great varsity jackets and hoodies with unique camo and animal prints. The collection was nothing out of the ordinary but I do love the soundtrack that they used.

Rodrigo Trujillo

Plastic see-through material and basket weaving. The collection was borderline risque with a tinge . . . okay more than a tinge of dominatrix. I love the shredded orange/black dress that when the model moves showed what was underneath, a pop of yellow.

Tonight, we have the ready-to-wear shows at the SOMArts in Soma.

I think tickets are still available and you can get them *here*

No comments: