Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week: New York Spring Summer 2013 Report - Day 1 - 3


 AND the craziness begins, and so far it looked great! Fashion Night Out the other night was a lot of fun. It was nice to rub elbows with industry people once again and not thinking about the, literally, thousands of pictures that I will have to go through at the end of the week.

At any rate, the first three days of Mercedes Benz New York fashion week with my little quips for the collections.

 Billy Reid

Nice classic "southern" charm as I expected in his collection. Great knits and light jackets and summer blazers.  Kudos for his first runway show ever.

DL 1961

Urban looks and great fitting pants.

Duckie Brown

Plaids and flowy pants. How about that textured top? Sure, why not. Sure a little british punk comes through from the latest collection.

General Idea

The camouflage pieces are great and I also love the combinations of the different fabrics together. The colors are great for the Spring/Summer seasons. BUT is it too much?

Joseph Abboud

One of my favorite, sartorial collection so far. The yellow and the grey pieces made an impression on me the most. I love the European flair to the collection. Great collection.
  
N. Hoolywood

Interesting take to urbanwear. The pants with the flaps are interesting. I love streetwear but unfortunately some of the pieces looked too juvenile for me to wear.

Nautica

Great prep wear as expected from the brand.

Nicholas K

The king (and queen) of layering season after season during NYFW. The camel jackets are to die for! I always find their styling so great.

Parke & Ronen

Great swimwear from the label and a lot of handsome mesh cardigans and tailored shorts. A collection perfect for those gentlemen who are proud of their hard work at the gym or just lucky winning the genes lottery.

Raleigh Denim

Great basics.

Richard Chai

Another handsome collection from the Chai man. Light and airy that seemed like heaven, especially the looks from the beginning of the show.  I also love the sectioned pieces didn't take the backseat. Bravo Richard Chai!

Shades of Grey

Prints, prints, prints and skater/surfer attitude sums up the collection.

Siki Im

Is that a long skirt? Maybe. Aside from that, the collection constituted of great pieces of tailored pants, shirts and blazers. The printed shirts reminded me of Givenchy. I don't know why.

Social Primer

Fratmen wear, reminds me of my college years. The neckwear accessories by K. Cooper Ray are just great with interesting prints paired with the handsome ultra prep blazers. Another presentation that I really love.

Tim Coppens

Opened NYFW last Wednesday with this edgy yet completely wearable collection.  The bold collection included pieces with harnesses and zippers and to be honest dark hues of colored pieces.

Todd Snyder

The thing that I love about this modern collection was the use of the sharp double breasted blazers with the shorts without looking so dated.

Tommy Hilfiger

Sigh. I'm not totally head over hills in love with this collection like the last one. Some of the striped pieces were great but some I thought was umm too clownish with the combination of colors. The "sash"stripe came back this season.

That's it for now and stay tuned for the rest of my fashion report.

No comments: