Monday, September 17, 2012

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week: New York Spring Summer 2013 Report - Day 6 - 8

My last installment  for my petite reviews for NYFW. I'm glad last week's busy week was over. I had a very wonderful weekend hanging out in the city. On Saturday, I went to meet with one of my good friends and talked about our current relationship statuses  or what I call lack there of over mimosas and brunch. Okay okay, he grilled me about New York/E.S. since we were sorta facebooking like highschoolers again.  At any rate, let's just say it was a good, relaxing day. Eventhough I ended up walking nine or ten city blocks from where I parked my car to The Sycamore restaurant . . . in my nice Generic Man/Comme des Garcons pair. I think it was funny because when I realized how far it really was and decided maybe I should get a cab I was almost there. Story of my life, really.

Assembly

Interesting slouchy, laid back pieces. There were some looks that I loved and some that I find myself scratching my head. This was supposed to be Spring/Summer or pre fall?

The Blonds

Barbie was back! Well clearly the boys were in the show for eye candy.

J.Crew

J.Crew presented a great offering of colors, stripes, and camo. Original? maybe not so but at least on trend.

Jeremy Scott

A little bit Arabian Nights/ Middle East chaos. The collection consisted of shiny things, golds, animal prints and more shiny pieces.

J.Lindberg

Showed their runway collection at Stockholm a few weeks ago. I love the modern cuts on the double breasted suit and the cropped pants. I think that the American expansion will do the company. I'm quite excited.

John Bartlett

Great prints and color story but the night gown-ish looks were a no-no for me. I know John Bartlett tried to show, season after season, showcasing fashionable pieces that were earth friendly as possible. He does it great to be honest.

Libertine

Showcased a very young looking collection that reflects the laid-back feel of the west coast. I just didn't get the face print on the crotch, it was either tongue in cheek funny or obscene. It made me chuckle a bit.

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Another collection that showcased the slouchy silhouettes and cuts on the clothes. The extremely voluminous pants I didn't quite love but overall the collection was pretty solid . . . or striped I should say.
Michael Kors

I actually love how the menswear this time around was not overshadowed by the women's. I love the bold stripes and color blocked shirts. The multi-colored pants, having two colors, front and back, looked good. Who would have thought.

Perry Ellis by Duckie Brown

Khakis galore! I. LOVE. EVERY. PIECE. IN. THIS. COLLECTION. period. I love the aesthetic, the quirkiness and how amazingly dapper the whole collection was. Hands down my most favorite collection for this season at NYFW.

Pierre Balmain

Eventhough the collection was good and mimicked the feel of its luxe counterpart, Balmain. That's just it, it wasn't bad it wasn't great either but it was . . . well good.

Elie Tahari

Great, light and playful color story for the presentation.

Gant by Michael Bastian

Galapagos Island, eh? I know there would be a big market for the semi-prep wear that Gant was known for but for some reason, I was left a little bit wanting. It was just because I was so in love with this year's Spring/Summer collection. Beside the ombre cotton blazer and the great fitting pants, I would pass.

Gilded Age

Although most of the collection had the feel of a modern day rockstar wear, there were the semi-prep wear into the mix that made me a little confused about the cohesiveness of the collection. I mostly love the faded plum jeans.

Mark McNairy

The mish-mash  gamut of colors and fabrics was quirky great. I love the camo with white flowers shorts! This was one of the reasons that eventhough the collection was a little dandy, it was completely wearable.

And that concludes my petite review for  New York fashion week. phew! Have a great Monday my fashionistos and fashionistas!

No comments: