Monday, August 13, 2012

Runway Monday: Tough Cookie - Dsquared2 Spring/Summer 2013 Review


What an interesting weekend. On Friday, I went to the deYoung museum again to accompany one of my good friends to the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit. He said he needs an "inside eye" to explain him things. But since the beach was fogged out, we ended up at Dolores park where it was Sunny and hot for a little picnic and got some of my tanning time in.

Probably one of the annoying hardest thing when you're dating somebody new would be competing with their ex? How can somebody compete with history or how can you be so sure that they're over them? Take their word and give them the benefit of doubt. That's all I can do really.

On a different note, it was great that the Olympics closing ceremony included a segment to salute British fashion. Including gold designs from four of my favorite British designers, Vivienne Westwood, Christopher Bailey for Burberry, Paul Smith and the late, great Alexander McQueen. Eventhough casting Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell created a backlash on Twitter today, whatevs. 

Another Monday but at least it will be a short work week. Hectic but short.

In this week's runway review, I present to you Canten twins' Dsquared2 spring/summer 2013 collection. I've always liked their collections, a few stand out pieces but most of the time, I tend to cringe because they tend to be more flamboyant more than not, especially their Spring/Summer collections. So it was quite a surprise that they presented a really dark and tough collection.

Their spring/summer 2013 offerings consisted of great slim fitted, crisp white button down shirts paired with matching black pants and shorts. What I love from this collection was, of course, were the accessories. I love almost everything from the necklaces, bracelets, studded belts, metal shinned boots and the hats. Of course the white shirts were from far from plain adorned with denim, leather, lace, sequins and leopard print and the occasional pop of color accents. Overall, I love how edgy was sexy, without being too obscene or showing off skin.

No comments: