Friday, September 3, 2010

Now I give you, Derelic! Vivienne Westwood Fall/Winter 2010/11


I know I should be writing about the Spring/Summer collection for next year. Unfortunately, I got in the game pretty late. Anyway, Of course, I would dedicate my first collection post to no other than, Vivienne Westwood. For those who saw the movie Zoolander, it will remind you of the "Derelic" collection which basically was hobo-chic. Vivienne Westwood created a collection around the idea that we are looking at grim future if nothing changes. True to her form of shock and awe, the collection featured a lot of color, texture and sometimes weird cuts. The Vivienne Westwood trousers, as I call them, was present in this collection and for those who don't know what I'm talking about, they are loose fitting trousers with plunging crotches and tapered in the bottom which I love. I also love the leather jackets and the tailored suits. There are a number of military inspired pieces as well.  I mean if being homeless looks this good? I wouldn't mind being one.  


No comments: