Saturday, May 25, 2013

RIO, Eu Te Amo (I Love You) - Alex Cunha, Caio Cesar & Pablo Morais by Doug Inglish

It has been a wonderful week and Rio de Janeiro has been wonderful to me . . . and the Bubs as well. It would have been nice if it was sunny most of the days I was there. I wanted a real beach day but a day and half of rain versus the whole week forecast was more than I could hoped for. Probably for the best avoiding getting dark. Of course, we frequented the Urca and Copacabana beaches, Bubs' favorites from the two month stay there and it stayed relatively warm that we spent afternoons at the beach. Hiked the  monolithic wonders that surrounds the city. My favorite was the Corcovado starting from the Parque Lage to the world famous, Cristo Redentor. It was just an amazing experience. Aside from hiking I think that eating and drinking adult beverages, namely caipirinhas, summed up my vacation. Not that I was complaining or anything.

I think immersing yourself to a culture that was not your own was always rewarding to my experience. I know that this sounds bourgeois of me because I know that not everybody has the means to travel to exotic locales. But if you do, you should. I think that everybody should experience the world first hand.

Reading about places does not hold a candle from actually being there and experiencing it all yourself.

Since this would be my last post before I head back to the states, I would like to thank our gracious host and all the beautiful friends that we met along our adventures in Rio de Janeiro. Making my trip extra special.

Agradeço do fundo do meu coração!


Rio, you will always have a special place in my heart.

Have a great weekend my fashionistos and fashionistas!

We close the week with an editorial that appeared on the May issue of Details Magazine. It featured Brazilian models Alex Cunha, Caio Cesar and Pablo Morais as photographed by Doug Inlgish. The boys were photographed working out and donning jeans sans shirts at the one of my favorite beaches I've been at, yes counting the ones from Hawaii, The Copacabana Beach.

Not part of the editorial but I included a video that I saw last year about Rio. Enjoy.











No comments: