Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Indigenous Denizens - Seth Kuhlman & Travis Smith by Tetsuharu Kubota

I had been living in San Francisco for a number of years now but the denizens of this wonderful city never fails to surprise me. So, yesterday while a friend of mine and I tried out a restaurant called Bisou in the Castro district and downed pitchers after pitchers of Mimosas for brunch. Granted everybody there was already umm drunk happy. So what happens when a bearded guy in drag started dancing down the aisle? Well, It was a big party I guess. I suppose it was Easter after all. It was just interesting. I don't think that would happen if I still lived in San Jose. I went there over the weekend to take one of my niece to the Children's Discovery Museum. We also went to this place I worked at my last years of college. It was interesting to see people that I knew years ago still working there.

It was interesting how the city changed and yet still looked the same.

The editorial post today was from Commons and Sense magazine photographed by Tetsuharu Kubota. Seth Kuhlman and Travis Smith donned pieces by Givenchy, Mugler, and 3.1 Philip Lim. The two was styled by Maher Jridi. I thought it was an interesting perspective on the styling. Playing with a little bit of the American Indian warrior look. The editorial was entitled Double Dare.





No comments: