Saturday, June 29, 2013

Beaming With Pride - Jacey Elthalion by Nick Leary

It has been a very laid back week for me. Work has been light and easy, eventhough the Menswear fashion week in Milan wrapped a few days ago and Paris would be on its last day today. I must say there were quite noteworthy collections unveiled this week. Givenchy, Juun J, Dolce & Gabbana, Frankie Morello, Dsquared2 my usual favorites. Made me want next year to come around sooner. But hey I can't possibly forget New York Fashion Week on September. I wanted to see my local New York fashion has to offer too.

On the local front, the Supreme Court released their ruling on DOMA and Prop. 8 cases. I'm just going to say it will be a very happy Pride in San Francisco and I guess in New York as well. Congratulations to all who are getting married and for those who are now recognized in California. It's about time. Eventhough I had to miss a few fashion shows this week because of the recent celebration from the rulings. I, first hand, have something to celebrate.

This is not the end but a beginning.

Again, Happy Pride to my New York and San Francisco friends!

We close of the week with an editorial that appeared on GQ China. It featured current face of the Guess campaigns, Jacey Eltahlion. The editorial was shot by Nick Leary and styled by Grant Pearce with great swim pieces by Ralph Lauren, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Lacoste, and Etro to name some. The location for this shoot was just devine. Made me want to go on another beach destination.








No comments: