Thursday, June 6, 2013

Love Is Blindness - Nick Youngquest by Pat Supsiri

It is no secret that we perceive the word, the feeling, love in different ways. I've been in a relationship with the same person for almost two years now. I think that each day, I learn more about myself and this thing called love and commitment. What it really means to me.

Honestly, as much as I love the idea of being in love. Being in a relationship is a lot of work and I really barely have enough time in the day to do all the things that I need to do. Sometimes relationships hinders me from doing things that I want to do. On the other hand, it also takes me to places that I've always wanted to visit and experience things that I would probably pass on if I'm not in that relationship.

Last night, while having cucumber gimlets at one of my favorite bars in the Tenderloin, Bourbon & Branch with some of my coworkers. We were talking about couples, friends and such. He thinks I'm cynical that's an understatement when it comes to relationships. One of them thinks that I would probably feel different about relationships if the Bubs and I live in the same city. Perhaps he has a point. I've never been the person to look for "love" but with all my dating "career" it tends to find me.  Don't get me wrong I'm thankful that I don't have to experience this gross disappointment that some people get from having troubles looking for their life partner.

I think my point is, sometimes love makes us do stupid things . . . but not me. I'm not one of those people who keep making the same mistakes. I've put people ahead of my own passions before and it is just a few years back that I fully realized this mistake. I love you but I love me more.

In the end I think all I could really hope for is happiness and contentment at this point time. If it ain't broke why fix it.

Today we have rugby player turned model Nick Youngquest as he appears on the pages of the newest issue of Lab A4 magazine. Pat Supsiri photographs the Australian model in great summer pieces by Ermenegildo Zegna, Versace, and Gucci to name a few. The editorial is styled by Chris Cheng.






No comments: