Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Class & Respect - Guy Robinson by David Goldman

The beginning of the menswear fashion show circuit began with London once again for the Spring/Summer 2014. Well Rio and other European cities had theirs a few months ago but I always keep an eye on the big hitters, in all honesty. Discovering new designers is awesome but in terms of trend spotting, I tune in on the big hitters and markets. To say the least, my days had been busy with fashion show watching and taking notes to what seems to be trending in London. Such a hard job. No, not really.

At least it keeps me busy and keeps my mind off things. So what does one wear during a funeral? I don't know if people really ask themselves this question. To think of it is so morbid that I never really give it much thought. I thought that a simple white shirt with my Etro feather bow tie is subdued enough but I guess bow ties are completely inappropriate for funerals according to Esquire magazine. On the other hand, there are quite a few people saying it doesn't really matter. I'm opting a simple black tie and play it safe. The Bubs says that if somebody gives me a hard time, they're not in mourning enough. I don't want that attention. So I'm choosing to blend in.

We open this week with an editorial that appears on the newest issue of GQ UK. David Goldman photographs Guy Robinson in great sartorial and Gatsby inspired looks. Jo Levin styles Robinson in pristine, handsome looks by Gucci, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, and Prada to name a few. I'm loving that image when Robinson is walking down the steps.









No comments: