Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pet Peeves - Jon Kortajarena by Juan Martin

Everybody in the fashion world I would always consider cut-throat. For the fact that the fashion world itself is such a small world, Elitism rans rampant.

Name dropping for the sake of name dropping would just well, for the lack of a nicer way to put it, annoying. On the recent event, while on a conversation with another guests that night. She had told me that the facilitator almost didn't let somebody in because well that person was not following the strict all-white attire. She had told me that person then told the facilitator the brand of their pants. WOW.

First, if you're going to drop names like that. Make sure that those pants would be part of the current collection and not some thrifted piece. No, nothing wrong with a thrifted/vintage piece. Actually Kudos to you finding those second hand gems. It was the context that made me kind of shake my head for the tackiness of that person. 

I was wearing Givenchy pieces that night that realistically were not available to the general public yet because they were from the Spring/Summer 2013 collection. But I was not name dropping to anybody that praised me for my outfit. If you knew what and from whose collection I was wearing, I tip my hat to you. If not that would be fine as well. 

At the end of the day, if we were in New York. You don't follow the rules? You go home. End of story.

Well Happy Hump day, my fashionistos and fashionistas!

In today's post, we have a cover story editorial piece that appeared on ODDA's  third issue. Top male model, Jon Kortajarena was photographed by Juan Martin for this project. The duo Juanjo Manez and Paloma Alvarez styled Jon K with flowy pieces along with a cute, cuddly baby tiger.













No comments: