Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter Is Coming - Snow: A White Fashion Event - The Outfit

First and foremost, I have to say that I absolutely adore the fall/winter 2013-14 collection of Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy.  Alright now that is out of my system, on with the post.

It will exactly be a week from today that Snow: A white fashion event will take place in SOMA, San Francisco. My second year for getting invited for the event. I'm especially looking forward to see the collection of my favorite Menswear designer from last year, Cana Klebanoff. If you remember, I love his way of playing with shapes in his pieces. I'm also interested to see what the tailored suitings of the Artful Gentleman have in store for us. Of course, Joseph Domingo's creations will surely close the show with a bang. Cari Borja, Charmosa and Julie Schindler rounds up the designer list showing that night.

Since I went for the Gatsby inspired Maison Kitsune collection last year and It would be great to go on a different route this year. Of course, incorporating Riccardo Tisci's vision. It is no secret that Givenchy is definitely one of my favorite high fashion houses of all time. If I have not made that clear, re-read the first sentence of this post alone. The Spring/Summer 2013 collection probably would be one of my favorite collections that Tisci had put out ever since taking the Helm of the menswear division of the design house back in 2008. For some reason I have strange affinity to any religious influenced collections, thanks to attending a private Catholic school almost all my life, especially with Tisci's precision and vision.

So it's no secret that my inspiration and pieces would be from the ethereal and yet dark Givenchy Spring/Summer 2013 collection. I could have taken a specific look in the collection but a few looks gave me some great inspirations. I would have bought the sleeveless organza Madonna top but I don't think it wil be warm enough to wear one on the 26th. I also need to think about wearability. I love statement pieces but I also want to buy expensive pieces that I could wear in a regular basis and not just during fashion week. Practicality wins.

The inspiration looks:


The pieces I'm wearing:
  • Horned cap by KTZ (Kokontozai)
  • Givenchy Madonna print oversized t-shirt
  • Givenchy cotton poplin and silk chiffon long shirt (white variant)
  • Zara stretch white jeans
  • Silk light jacket
  • Reebok studded Dibello (limited edition white variant)

Here's a promotion video of the event by Warren Difranco. I think the video below requires you to actually watch it on Youtube.



Tickets are, again, available **HERE**

Have a great weekend my fashionistos and fashionistas. I'll be back on Monday with my Milan menswear fashion week highlight and followed by my Paris menswear fashion week highlight.

No comments: