Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trend Thursdays: Spice Up . . . Your Pants

Tommy Hilfiger S/S 2011
I have to be honest, the last time I wore chinos in a regular basis was back in college. and yes I believe they are pleated and was worn with my blue blazer jacket and striped ties ala Ivy League look for every first Monday of the month for our formal chapter meetings in my Fraternity. Probably one of the reasons or THE main reason that I hate khakis are those damn pleats. I also went to a Catholic private school from pre-school to my senior year in high school and we wore uniforms. It is safe to say that I am khaki'ed out. But the new breed of chinos are more slimmer fit, tapered and lower rise compared to the pleated loosely fitting ones that we got used to. Faded colored chinos marched the spring/summer shows last year. Nothing wrong with khakis but give your pants collection a spice of color. Pair them with a nicely pressed white oxford or a dark plaid shirt and fold them a bit to show some ankles. and oh yeah one last thing, no pleats, please. Again, A reminder you get 20% off your purchase of the Shipley & Halmos if you use my code: Mission20 at Tobi.com.


My Suggestions:


Links to where to get them:

No comments: