Monday, May 30, 2011

Runway Monday: Street Smarts - Buckler Fall/Winter 2011-12 Review


This was one of the shows that I wish I saw when I was in New York last february. The British Designer, Andrew Buckler blocked off a whole block of SoHo for the show. Which was very fitting since street art was the inspiration for the collection. The Buckler Man is one of the guys that don't really wear anything eccentric but it has that "D@mn! He looks sharp!"make you do a double take . . . or at least I would. The color story for the collection as expected due to the fall/winter seasons is somber and well dark with a flash of yellows in the end. I love, love, love the belted waist coat. The knits were okay but not necessarily my favorite part of the show and this was solely based on the color tone. The suits as forecasted follows a more box-y cut but it was still refreshing that it stayed youthful. The best piece yet was probably the black shearling coat which fondly called "the black sheep" ah-mazing! And probably my least, least favorite was the hooded hillbilly jumper. I just didn't get it.

I had a great weekend and hopefully you did as well. It started with a chocolate and wine event on Friday at the Press Club in downtown San Francisco, then celebrated the Carnaval in the mission on Saturday, A little bit of retail therapy, hung out with my friends at Blackbird, a very chic bar on Market street that night. Overall my week vacation was filled with relaxation and pampering that I needed. In and out of the city. Thanks to all the guilty party. Now back to the grind, Happy Monday everybody!



PS Thanks to Vent Magazine for the Video

No comments: