Monday, May 2, 2011

Runway Monday: Pucker Up - Vivienne Westwood fall/winter 2011-2012


Well aside from the drop crotch pants or carrot pants I supposed the collection is what would have been expected from the queen of eccentricity. The boys are made up with bright red lipstic and super styled 40's inspired hair, a nice touch really. The suits, as coming to fashion, are more boxy and baggier than what have been parading the runway in the recent years. I really like the leather bags from this year's collection not too casual like the previous collection. But of course, there are those pieces that make me cringe a little bit, like the red jacket number with the black shirt or the super baggy jeans yikes! The casual wear in this collection took a back seat like way in the back and let more tailored pieces take center stage. The brown pants/blue jacket look is probably one of my favorite. I also love that the outerwear doesn't feel too heavy. Some of the knit pieces are pretty nice as well. Like I mentioned I didn't really like the baggy jeans but Im a big fan of the carrot pants, I think that's one of the things that I would really look forward from a Vivienne Westwood collection. Now let's go with the shoes, one word:  Love!

No comments: