Monday, May 16, 2011

Runway Monday: Put A Hood On It! - Simon Spurr Fall/Winter 2011-12


There are a number of shows that I adore from the last New York men's show circuit and one of them is the Simon Spurr show. In previous shows, Spurr has showed that he can make a great fitting, handsome suits but for this collection, not only he showed that, he also showed that he can be edgy. I love the collection was classically great but with a little dash of edge to make the look more current. I'm not just talking about the accessories matched with the suits but I'm talking about the fabric used and color as well. A little shine either from leather or . . . a shiny fabric. Speaking of leather, The leather jackets were a nice touch of ruggedness to the city sleeker that Spurr has been known for. I also love the bulky scarf, Everybody at work knows me with my scarf and sunglasses and an inside joke of "don't talk to me" look that I have when I have them on. But there are a few trends that I'm sworn not to follow (i.e. Gladiator sandals) especially those very mumsie knitted gloves. Ugh-ness. On the other hand, I love, love the cashmere hoods. I firmly believe that everybody should get hooded this fall. I've been under the weather for a few days now but at least vacation is on the horizon. Happy Monday, my fashionistos and fashionistas.

No comments: