Monday, May 9, 2011

Runway Monday: Big Pimpin' - Lanvin Fall/Winter 2011-12


I noticed that hats are back for fall. Collections like Dsquared, Prada, Givenchy, Simon Spurr and of course Lanvin featured collections with strong looks that was incorporated with a head piece. I've seen the hat on several editorials and I still have mixed feelings about it. I did love the ying-yang combination of upper/lower wear. loose jackets were paired with tight trousers or vice versa. There were a number of puffer jackets and Robe-sque outerwear that I really love. I also liked that some looks were worn with the thin turtle neck inside the shirt.  Event though the knit wear in this collection was not that big they were quite nice. I also like the bold color combinations for the suits, Mustard jacket with peach trousers? The shoes were rugged yet from afar were reminiscent of period shoes. Overall the use of fabric, cuts and fits created a very luxe and quite refined collection, without feeling smugged. Oh yeah, don't forget the fox tail. Hopefully everybody had a great weekend, I know I did. Happy Monday everybody.

No comments: