Saturday, January 22, 2011

Paris Men's Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2011 - 2012 - Day 3 roundup


January 21, 2011 - Friday


10:00am - Junya Watanabe homme
I love the jackets personally. I don't know if I'll wear it but I love it. Reminds me of holiday sweaters in jacket form.

11:00am - Gustavo Lins

I also love this collection, wrap tops that become long coats? Amazing. Oversized sweaters and jackets with straps that resembles scarfs that can be retied to make a new look. I was drooling!

12:00pm - Julius
A lot of interesting fits and cuts in this collection. I don't usually see alot of draping in men's collection and very eccentric cuts. I like the juxtaposition of the flowy, drapy fabrics to leather and stiff materials.

1:00pm - Agnes B.
I'm not sure that this is such a cohesive collection. I was pretty confused to tell you the truth, it started with some french colonial inspired pieces then turned to street wear to modern french bohemian. The pieces look nice but as a show it was confusing.

2:00pm - Walter Van Beirendonck
What a very umm colorful collection. Bright swatches of color/patterns mixed with neutral colors. Especially that bright green and yellow number? W.O.W. umm . . . yeah.

3:00pm - Kris Van Assche
Oh Kris, I love the oversized sweater! He stayed with his usual color story, dark. The soft look on outerwear was pretty cool.

4:00pm - Cerruti
I really like this show especially the jacket with the textured leather sleeves. I think there was the right amount of knits, structured pieces and innovative pieces to make the show interesting.

5:00pm - Comme des Garcons Homme Plus
 
 This is why Comme des Garcons is so popular with Harajuku crowd. It's like clown academy . . . in Asia. You want an  eccentric collection? You got it.

6:00pm - Givenchy
 Oh,  I love this collection. Dogs, leather, fur, and thigh high laced up boots what else can I ask for? That's why Givenchy has always been one of the shows I look forward to see every season.

7:00pm - Henrik Vibskov
Drop crotch pants were donned with either oversized coats or interesting cuts and prints on jackets and leggings.

8:00pm - John Galliano
 Way to go close the day, John Galliano. The dramatics, the avant garde clothes? You know you're at a Galliano show.  I don't even know where to start, the furs, the avant garde outerwear? or Just the presentation itself? By the way, the collection was inspired by Russian dancer, Rudolf Nureyev.

Presentations:
Sjaak Hullekes
Laitinen

No comments: