Sunday, January 16, 2011

Milan Men's Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2011-12 - Day 1 Roundup


January 15, 2011
9:30 am - Corneliani


Probably my favorite show of the day. Probably because of the Military theme of the show but I digress. I love the pant protector and the knee high boots are pretty cool. I also love the color story of the collection.

10:30am - Ermenegildo Zegna


With the Zegna show,  I thought the belt bags are pretty chic and one of my favorite looks was the leather lined trench.  The show itself was interesting because of the big screen effect of the Great Wall and other major landmarks in China as if the models are coming from these locations. In celebration of the collaboration of the fashion house with the country.


12:30pm - Costume National


Here is my issue with Costume, It feels like, in the recent years I feel like their collection has been the same. It doesn't mean i don't like it. I like the young look that it gives like the thin sweater matched with a suit. I also adore the red fringed, trimmed jacket.

2:00pm - Dolce & Gabbana


Again, not a surprise that Dolce & Gabbana had everything in their arsenal on the show. I like the button down shirts with two different patterns. I also love the fur gray jacket that O'pry is donning on the show and true to the flamboyant Dolce & Gabbana man a shiny pink jacket? why not at least the show is never boring.

3:00pm - Jil Sander

Leave it to Jil Sander to explode with bold colors.  period.

4:00pm - Frankie Morello
I've personally never seen a boring Frankie Morello, not because of the underwear clad men that's almost present at the shows. BUT the clothing is just eccentrico! Eccentric yet very wearable. I love this fleece? lined long coat and it was quite interesting to see the huge knitting needles hanging at the end of the scarf. (not pictured, sorry).

5:00pm - Burberry Prorsum


Oh how much I love Burberry Prorsum's head, Christopher Bailey! Again another killer show. I love the splash of color and the bold jackets. I own a few puffers and the yellow one? Can I have one now please?

6:00pm - Carlo Pignatelli
The story behind the show is that it shows the different facets of the life of a Carlo Pignatelli man, I love that again there was variety in the collection. I love that there is also different texture but not over the top.  Sophisticated and very refined to my opinion.

7:00pm - John Varvatos


Exploring the dark western/mountain man persona, the collection  featured some really dramatic overcoats and trenches. the boots on the show are pretty amazing as well.

8:00pm Roberto Cavalli

I don't know why the whole collection reminded me of Saturday Night Fever (which I've only seen in snippets). I like the velvet suits and the fur coats. The oversize sweater is quite nice as well. But i love the blue toggle jacket with the very dramatic neckline.

No comments: